Job title Medical Writer – Associate/Sr Associate
Reports to Director
To plan and Manage Medical Writing for Regulatory and Pharmacovigilance Verticals in
compliance to applicable regulatory and Regulatory Guidelines
Duties and responsibilities:
• Providing high-quality medical and scientific writing from planning and coordination of
literature search through delivery of final drafts to internal and external clients.
• Providing technical consultation and provides substantive advice on strategy, regulations and
industry best practices.
• Demonstrate subject matter and therapeutic area expertise.
• Effectively manage medical writing projects to deliver quality products in agreed timelines.
• Collaborate with internal and external clients,
• Writing CTD Modules, Medical Data Packages, SmPCs, PIs, PILs, Safety Reports, Aggregate
Reports and other reports
• Perform science review of aggregate reports produced by PV Associates
• Ensure that document output and processes comply with client specifications, templates and
• Attend project initiation meeting, collate project brief.
• Maintain awareness of current regulatory guidance, medical information techniques
and technology relating to clinical / regulatory documentation
• Maintain & update Aggregate Report Tracker and carry out cases reconciliation on
• Supporting and enabling effective and efficient communication that results in operational
• Carry out detailed searches in regulatory agency websites like US FDA, EMA, PMDA, TGA,
UKMHRA etc for safety alerts
• Mentor Associates on job skills, oversees or develops training plans or materials for
safety associates, conducts training sessions, or otherwise trains new hires and
enhances the skills of existing personnel.
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in a Pharmacology/Pharmacy/Medicine with 2 years exerience
• Advanced degree preferred
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable
to 3+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
• Experience working in the pharmaceutical/CRO industry preferred
• Additional qualifications in medical writing (AMWA; EMWA; RAC) advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent data interpretation and medical writing skills, including grammatical, editorial, and
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including problem solving
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
• Significant knowledge of global, regional, national and other document development guidelines
• In-depth knowledge in a specialty area such as preclinical, therapeutic, regulatory submissions,
• Great judgment and decision-making skills
• Excellent computer skills and skilled with client templates; Good knowledge of document management
systems and other relevant applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook)
• Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrates ability to evaluate information and data with a defined, studied process and report
results in a thoughtful, organized manner
• Possesses a collaborative, results-driven style.
• Ability to work under pressure and provide quality outputs within tight timelines
As may be required from time to time – the incumbent may be required to working slots catering to different